Sunday, August 16, 2009

First blog post and 2 weeks before departure

Okay,

After pressure from my wife and friends I have decided to start a blog about teaching and living in Doha, Qatar. The final straw was seeing a blog started by my cousin, Jay Dater, about teaching in Hungary. So, here is to you Jay!

My wife and I are currently in Lancaster Pennsylvania visiting friends. Tomorrow we are headed to Washington DC so that I can get my clean background checks notarized by the Qatar Embassy. I hope that will go smoothly and then after my physical on Wednesday we will be all set for departure on September 1st.

Dora and I are very excited about the new adventure that will be coming up for our family. We are enjoying seeing friends and family this summer but we are ready to go.

For those of you who take the time to read this blog let me answer the question that always seems to come up when they hear we are going to the Middle East and Qatar. The reason that we are going to Qatar is "Why not?" When we started looking at teaching opportunities in the world and we saw that there was an opening in Doha, Qatar we looked into it. The more we looked into the country and the school the more we thought that this looked to be like a good oppportunity for me professionally and a great experience for our family. I also have met some fellow educators who have taught in Qatar and they had nothing but the best things to say about the country. For those of you still perplexed with our decision you should check out Qatar Foundation and my school The Learning Center and Marie's school Qatar Academy. There is also a forum entitled qatarliving.com that has a lot of great info.

So, I guess that is it for my first post. Thank you and good night

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Foreign investors may invest in all parts of the national economy for Business setup in Qatar with a Qatari partner who must own at least 51% of the enterprise.Thanks.....

    ReplyDelete